The BCU Participation Statement:
“Canoeing & Kayaking are “Assumed Risk” “Water contact sports” that may carry attendant risks. Participants should be responsible for their own actions and involvement.”
Rules of the Centre:
The rules of the centre set out below are not intended to limit your enjoyment of the facilities. They are part of the duty of care that we, as operators, owe to you, the customer by law. As such they are not negotiable and if you are not prepared to abide by them then the staff must politely ask you to leave. Peak Activity Services Ltd (PAS) do not provide any safety cover and are not obliged to help in the event of capsize or other accident.
Staff will provide whatever help and advice they can, but instruction in the use of equipment or paddling techniques will only be provided where it has been booked and paid for in advance. If you are not confident in the use of any equipment or technique, then do not attempt to use it unless supervised by someone who is competent to do so.
- Launch fees must be paid in full to PAS Ltd prior to launch.
- Launch passes must be on display and attached to the craft.
- PAS reserve the right to limit the area usable by launches on a daily bases, based on other users.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited anywhere on site.
- PAS reserve the right to cancel any agreement to launch in the event of adverse weather, mechanical breakdown or for anything beyond our control. Refunds are at the discretion of the Centre Manager.
- PAS reserve the right to remove individuals or groups from the water at any time where a nuisance to the public is being made, in the event of endangering others, breaking this agreement or where an accident or damage has accrued. In such case PAS shall not be liable to make any refund.
- PAS are not liable for death, personal injury, or damage to personal equipment unless caused by our negligence or willful default.
- The customer is responsible for the safe navigation of the craft and its passengers. Please give other users a wide birth as they may well be inexperienced and not in full control of their craft.
- Please remain at least 50m from all fishermen.
- In the event of an accident please report to a member of staff as soon as possible with as much information as possible.
- Access and egress must be made via the slipway / beach outside the centre only.
- Buoyancy aids must always be worn and correctly fitted when on the water and Jetty’s.
- You are not permitted to swim at any of our centres and should get specific verbal permission from the duty member of staff before practicing any wet drills.
- ‘Beach’ style Inflatables are not permitted.
- A kill cord must always be worn by all power boat drivers. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave the water.
You must be over 18 and on site to take responsibility for a craft. As such you are responsible for the safety of all users of said craft as well as ensuring all users of said craft follow the Launch Conditions.
What our clients say about us
St. Thomas C of E Primary School, Kidsgrove
"Children had an absolutely fantastic day! They were talking about it for days. Thank you."
Chesterton Community Sports College
"The activities were perfect! We will definitely be returning again next year!"
St. James’s Place Wealth Management
"We have received tremendous feedback from the event and in particular your expedition zone. Our attendees were thrilled to learn....
Laura Buckland-Student Volunteer Coordinator-Nottingham Trent University
Thank you so much for two more incredible residentials! We had a brilliant time; the students really enjoyed trying something....
Thank you for holding my daughter Tia’s 9th birthday party at Audley Climbing Centre. She and her friends had a....
Harry Murphy, Caterpillar UK Ltd.
"The event was a roaring success with everyone involved, and we spent all of Thursday evening chatting and reviewing what....
Very friendly people, instructors lots of patience, and nice that even on a Saturday lunch time we had some space....
Our induction with Nathan was great, he was patient with us and great at explaining how to use the equipment....
Great weekend for my brothers stag do. Highlight had to be sailing across the lake on our DIY raft. Thanks....