Retail Manager – Sports Shop
Are you a keen runner or cyclist with professional experience of managing a sports oriented retail outlet? If so, this may be the perfect role for you!
Peak Activity Services are about to open a brand new retail outlet at Trentham Village and with your help, we want to stand out from the crowd as a one stop shop for runners and cycling enthusiasts.
Our new store will be selling bikes (traditional and e-bikes), running equipment, sports clothing and accessories; we’re also planning to offer customers coaching support and guidance through various analysis machines and 1:1 feedback as well as providing a cycle maintenance and repair service.
A passion for running and cycling is a must – and an excellent track record of outstanding customer service is key as we aspire to create a professional and friendly environment where our passion for the outdoors shines through to the customer and enabling us to build a client base who trust in us and rely on us to meet their ongoing sporting needs – our aim is to become the go-to shop for all things running and cycling.
We are looking for a natural leader to join our team at PEAK as Retail Manager. Managerial experience in a similar environment is essential, please only apply if you have been or are currently in a manager/team leader/supervisor role in a sports based environment and are looking for progression.
The successful candidate will need to be highly self-motivated and on appointment will take a lead role in setting up the store, recruiting sales staff, organising merchandise displays and promotions, marketing using social media and a range of other advertising routes. Moving forward, you’ll manage staffing and day to day tasks with the objective of achieving sales targets whilst exceeding customer service expectations in-store, and supporting the growth and development of the business.
The role is a 40-hour contract working on a rotating shift pattern including weekend and evenings (seasonal), so commitment and flexibility are also essential.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Management of all store operations.
• Share responsibility for the opening and closing of the store.
• Effectively demonstrating knowledge of all products.
• Supervising stock control and pricing.
• Achieving sales targets and maximising profitability.
• Planning promotions and events including setup of displays and promotional materials
• Budget management.
• Keeping business and statistical records.
• Marketing and promoting the business instore and via social media platforms
• Addressing customer feedback, resolving queries and dealing with complaints
• Retail Management experience
• Experience in Running or Cycling (Personal coaching an advantage)
• Must be able to use own initiative and be self-motivated
• Experience of using social media platforms
• Multi-tasking is essential
• General administration skills
Salary and Benefits:
• £23,000.00 – £27,000.00 per year
• Full time position
• Casual dress (branded)
• Employee discounts
• Company pension
• Company events & social hours
• Free on-site parking