IT Technician – Audley, Stoke on Trent.
The closing date for applicants is Wednesday 17th March and interviews will be held week commencing 22nd March.
Here at Peak we are looking for an IT Technician to become an integral part of our expanding Head Office team. The successful candidate will be based at our Audley office, but will be responsible for all IT across our 10 sites located from Cannock to Sheffield.
As the role is new to the business, we are looking for an innovative and self-sufficient Technician with proven success in a similar role who can ultimately take the lead in setting up an IT department. You will have full reign over all things IT and have the creative freedom to make the role your own. You will take end to end ownership for all IT processes and technical incidents as well as managing day to day tasks. You will be responsible for managing your own workload and be able to prioritise incoming tasks as well as long term projects. This is an exciting position within a rapidly growing company, if you’re looking for your next challenge where you can grow within an encouraging and inclusive team environment and make your mark within a company, then this role is for you.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Support all school technology from remote teaching software to safeguarding and security
- Ensuring first line incidents are resolved efficiently and escalating second-line incidents as and when necessary.
- Offer support over all business functions (education, activity centres and retail)
- Answering phone calls and emails in a timely manner ensuring you’re providing high quality service to internal users.
- Write IT processes and policies for each department where IT is required
- Working knowledge of Net support DNA
- To oversee the complete lifecycle of all IT hardware
- Implementing a help desk ticket system
- Administering new user accounts making sure each user is set up to the correct specification.
- Provide support for all technologies in use- This includes both hardware and software
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to support with their projects
- Produce and maintain IT process documentation
- Keep detailed audits of IT hardware
- Remote and face to face B2B communication.
- Working with Microsoft Office (2013 or newer), Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 Pro.
- Networking – switches, cabling, routers
- IT Security principles and practices
- 1+ year experience in a similar role
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (2013 or newer), Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 Pro.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Plan work schedules and prioritise incoming workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving and ever changing environment
- Able to use and act on their own initiative as well as working well in a team when required.
- Full UK driving licence and willing to travel between sites as and when required.
- Flexible and willing to provide out of hours cover
- Pragmatic and proactive approach to problem solving
- Diploma in ICT Systems Support
Our business is diverse and includes primary and secondary schools, a retail outlet and a growing number of outdoor activity centres across the country; the successful candidate will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to successfully liaise with and support all departments throughout the business.
Please note: Due to the nature of our business, an enhanced DBS check will be conducted upon acceptance of an offer.
To apply for this role please click here.