Freelance Outdoor Activity Instructors – Trafford, Underbank & Astbury.
We are on the look out for experienced outdoor instructors that would like to support us on a freelance basis at either our Trafford, Underbank and Astbury Activity Centre’s during our busy times next summer 2020 and onwards!
If you wish to call our recruitment team for a chat to find out more please call us on 01782 284329
· Planning and preparation of outdoor programme delivery and/or classroom based training sessions.
· Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience.
· Promoting and enabling social development opportunities.
· Active maintenance of equipment to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff.
· 2 national governing body awards, ie, BEL, SPA, CWA, BCU, UKCC Level 1, RYA DI, etc, or equivalent.
· Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
· Experience delivering outdoor activities or training
· A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
· Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required.
Other national governing awards, ie GNAS, Fencing, Power Boat L2, ERCA, SUP, Bellboat Helm, DofE, RPIOL or APIOL
· Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
· Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
· Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
· Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
· Full UK driving licence D1 or D1+E entitlement
· Experience towing a trailer.
Successful applicants will need to go through the DBS process or hold a portable certificate.