Freelance Outdoor Activity Instructors – UK Wide.
We are on the lookout for experienced Outdoor Activity Instructors who would like to work with us on a freelance basis at our various centres located across the UK. Peak has activity centres in Stoke on Trent, Trafford, Underbank (nr Sheffield) and Astbury (Cheshire) and we are about to launch an exciting new venture in the heart of the Midlands. We also work in a variety of rural locations across the UK.
As lockdown restrictions ease in the coming weeks we’re hoping that summer 2021 will be a busy one in the outdoors!
to register for work with us you’ll need to hold relevant nationally recognised outdoor qualifications (see below), be prepared to work with us to complete Right to Work checks, provide details for us to obtain employment references and if you don’t already have an Enhanced DBS that’s logged with the DBS Update Service, consent to us facilitating this on your behalf.
· Planning and preparation of outdoor programme delivery and/or classroom based training sessions.
· Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside the staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience.
· Promoting and enabling social development opportunities.
· Active maintenance of equipment to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff.
· 2 national governing body awards, ie, BEL, SPA, CWA, BCU, UKCC Level 1, RYA DI, etc, or equivalent.
· Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
· Experience delivering outdoor activities or training
· A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
· Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required.
Other national governing awards, ie GNAS, Fencing, Power Boat L2, ERCA, SUP, Bellboat Helm, DofE, RPIOL or APIOL
· Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
· Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
· Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
· Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
· Full UK driving licence D1 or D1+E entitlement
· Experience towing a trailer.
Successful applicants will need to go through the DBS process or hold a portable certificate.