Outdoor Instructor – 2021 Season – Chasewater, Staffordshire.
Responsibilities of Appointment:
Position shall have responsibility for session delivery and centre upkeep. This includes:
- Putting safety first
- Planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality activities and/or training in line with Safety Management Procedures and Best Practice
- Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience
- Promoting and enabling social development opportunities
- Contribute towards the centre remaining budget focused
- Be ‘At Your Peak’ delivering a high level of customer service
- Support the delivery of staff training and in-house activity sign off in line with best practice
- Support product and business development activities
- Maximising sails of centre specific products, merchandise, and tuck
- Active maintenance of equipment and facilities to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff
- Contribute towards the development of physical resources (buildings, land, and equipment as appropriate)
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate with your role and level of remuneration, which may from time to time be required by the business.
- MTB Instructor Qualification
- Must hold a full driving licence and have experience towing a trailer
- National governing body awards or delivery experience relevant to post, e.g. paddle sports Instructor, high ropes instructor, archery, team building and mountain biking instructor.
- Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
- Experience in proficiently delivering outdoor activities
- A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
- High level of customer service
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required
- Other national governing awards, i.e. Archery GB, RYA Safety Boat, ERCA, DofE Assessor, RPIOL or APIOL
- Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
- Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
- Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
- Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
- Full UK driving licence with D1 or +E entitlement
- Experience towing a trailer.
Pay & Remuneration:
National living wage plus increments dependent on qualifications and experience.
Due to the variation of our activities and changing customer requirements our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days are normally approximately 8 hours and may include weekend and bank holiday working.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check with child barred checklists included – if you do not have one, this can be instigated for you.
If you would like to apply for this role please click here.